[Kolab-devel] Debian Packages: kolab-conf/kolab-cli file conflict

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Sun Sep 9 06:51:24 CEST 2012

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

> On Thursday, September 06, 2012 03:14:27 PM Johannes Graumann wrote:
>> My /etc/apt/sources.list.d/Kolabsys_Stable-development_Binary.list
>> reads:
>> deb http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/debian/kolab-3.0 squeeze development
>>
>> So I am installing 3.0 when running into this error, NOT 2.4.
>>

> Hi Johannes,
>
> we've needed to move forward the distribution platform, because Squeeze
> ships with only python-ldap < 2.4, and rebuilding the entire stack
> (includes openldap, bdb patches, libtool, ...) is too much effort for a
> platform that is supposedly becoming oldstable soonish.
>
> Any chance you could give it a go on Wheezy?

Hello Jeroen,

Wheezy is not a problem ... before I go further down this road, though I
want to ask what the longterm outlook of Debian packages for kolab is. Once
build-methods and distribution specific patches are in place, will *.debs be
build on a regular basis by kolabsys or will they remain a kind of "whoever
in the community feels like it will update them" kind of orphan? In the
latter case, I will bite the bullet and stay with my centos lxc-containers

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely, Joh