[Kolab-devel] setup-errors on Mageia

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Mon Oct 22 05:57:37 CEST 2012

On Monday, October 15, 2012 05:55:35 AM Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> On 2012-10-15 0:04, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> > It's very strange. When I install the set of kolab packages using
> > urpmi kolab, the directory
> > /run/kolabd/ doesn't exits
> >
> > /var/run/ is a link to /run/
>
> I think you're running a system on which /run/ is mounted as tmpfs, and
> so on boot (read: upon mount), no directories nor files exist; all of
> those that exist by the time you log in to the system, have been created
> by services themselves (before, and some of those do, they drop root
> privileges should they have started with those to begin with) or
> services management (which then starts the service program as some
> unprivileged user).
>
> > After uninstalling kolab-server and re-installing it, the directory
> > is there with user/group kolab/kolab
>
> My kolab-server package ships /var/run/kolabd/, but you have your own.
> That said, on systems where /var/run/ and/or /run/ is mounted on tmpfs,
> it doesn't really matter what the package ships; the service init script
> or systemd module should be taking care of creating the directory with
> the correct permissions, or start the service program with root
> privileges (it'll drop those itself) so it can create the directory to
> write the PID file in to.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen
Jeroen:
 /var/run/kolabd seems to be resolved.

I have still a problem with setup-kolab as before.
Everything looks good past: Setup is now going to set up the 389 Directory Server
the comes the crash: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/sbin/setup-kolab", line 42, in <module>
    setup.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/setup/__init__.py", line 42, in run
    components.execute('_'.join(to_execute))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py", line 170, in execute
    execute(component)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py", line 202, in execute
    components[component_name]['function'](conf.cli_args, kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykolab/setup/setup_ldap.py", line 251, in execute
    stderr=subprocess.PIPE
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__
    errread, errwrite)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1249, in _execute_child
    raise child_exception
OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

I checked both the kolabd and the dirsrv for status and both were not running, but can be turned on
manually:

# systemctl status kolabd.service
kolabd.service - Kolab Groupware Server.
          Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/kolabd.service; disabled)
          Active: inactive (dead)
          CGroup: name=systemd:/system/kolabd.service

# systemctl status dirsrv.target
dirsrv.target - 389 Directory Server
          Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/dirsrv.target; disabled)
          Active: inactive (dead)

A one more question:
I get
# setup-kolab
Could not change the ownership of log file /var/log/kolab/pykolab.log

What should the permission of this be? I have -rw-rw---- kolab kolab-n

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler