[Kolab-devel] New versions of packages hitting development

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Nov 20 18:34:30 CET 2012

Hi there,

while I speak to the realm of Kolab 3.0 for Enterprise Linux 6, I
wanted to give you all a heads-up on the package updates that it will
include as soon as tonight.

- roundcubemail - new snapshot from the latest git origin master HEAD,
- roundcubemail-plugins-kolab - new snapshot from the latest git origin
master HEAD,
- libkolab - snapshot update from the latest git origin master HEAD.

These packages are being pushed out because they include important
changes with some Roundcube plugins having been re-factored to primarily
use the PHP bindings included with libkolab, rather then using the
libkolabxml PHP bindings directly.

While libkolab supports both Kolab Format v2 and Kolab Format v3, it is
important to note that this change gets us one step closer to two goals:

- Syncroton-based ActiveSync using Kolab v2 IMAP servers,
- Horde-free Roundcube webclient for Kolab v2 deployments.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG