[Kolab-devel] Thunderbird - SyncKolab 2.0.0 - Looking for Testers

Geoff Nordli geoffn at gnaa.net
Thu May 24 19:04:32 CEST 2012

On 12-05-22 03:58 PM, Niko Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to announce a major release of the thunderbird extension that
> sync contacts and lightning (calendar/todo) with kolab.
>
> I refactored most of the addon (especially configuration, but also
> other things).
>
> It would be a huge help if some people could do a test with the
> current nightly (found on
> http://www.gargan.org/en/Mozilla_Extensions/SyncKolab/CVS_Nightly/ ).
> I was able to fix all issues which popped up until now, but would like
> to have more thorough testing. If you find anything please report on
> http://synckolab.mozdev.org/bugs.html so I can fix it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Niko
>
> Ps.: to be on the safe side you should make a backup or select
> non-critical folders. It seems to be stable - but you never know :)
>
> __

Hi Niko.

Everything checked out here OK.

One question, in the 2.0 version do you need to create a separate
profile for the calendar, tasks and contacts?

I seem to remember in previous versions a single profile covered all of
the different components.

thanks for your efforts on this.  It is great option to be able to use
Thunderbird as client for Kolab.

Geoff