[Kolab-devel] 10.000 events in a Resource Calendar

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Sun May 20 08:06:23 CEST 2012

On 05/19/2012 01:10 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:

> To that end, I was wondering if there's a way to do this more
> efficiently than;
>
> 1) Obtain *all* event objects,
> 2) Parsing *all* of them one by one,
> 3) Until I find a conflict or run out of events.

Two ideas:

1. Get objects in chunks starting from the newest. This would at least
improve memory consumption and will be faster in case when there's a
conflict.
2. Store event dates in X-Kolab header of the message and FETCH this
data only. For recurring events we would need more data in headers.

--
Aleksander Machniak
Software Developer