[Kolab-devel] Looking for translators

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu May 10 15:27:21 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I'm looking for people that are willing to translate and preferably
also have experience with localization.

Wanting to run programs, software, applications, recognize interfaces
and read documentation in one's native tongue is one of the most
instinctive expectations people have, and it is often a relatively easy
way to contribute.

I know we have a lot of German speaking people in our community, and
some Dutch, and some French, and so if running Kolab utilities and web
admin interfaces in your native tongue is something you want, I
encourage you to look at the various .po files[1] and .php files[2] and
take ownership of one or the other language.

To avoid multiple people making translations for the same language in
parallel I suggest you say out loud (on this mailing list) you are
taking on the translation for a particular language as you start
working, and later on submit the new .po file back to us (attach to a
Bugzilla ticket to ensure we pick it up).

On behalf of everyone looking forward to the fruits of your labour,
thanks!

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

[1] http://git.kolab.org/pykolab/tree/po/