[Kolab-devel] Branched off kolab-libs-0.2

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Mar 27 13:10:35 CEST 2012

On 2012-03-27 11:58, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> On Saturday 24 March 2012 00:37:00 Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> I branched off kolab-libs-0.2 as soon as I had a chance.
>
> As discussed on IRC already I think this should go into two separate
> git
> repositories and be delivered in two tarballs. Both libs have their
> own cmake projects, they need to be build individually and they will
> not
> necessarily be in sync (means they share the same tags and version
> numbers and).

There's one side-note to this - I think that libkolab depending on
libkolabxml is supposed to (transparently?) provide the same API calls
as libkolabxml...?

> Christian, is there anything from your side that prevents us from
> splitting
> this up?
>
>> This is solely including libkolabxml + bindings, only for Enterprise
>> Linux 6 - our reference platform for Kolab 3.0.
>
> How is upstream development distribution specific?

It's not - the *packages* I needed to build could be built after some
changes I had to apply - fixes for libkolabxml packages to be built for
other platforms are considered bug-fixes.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG