[Kolab-devel] Kolab Webadmin dynamic groups

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Mar 21 14:49:07 CET 2012

On 2012-03-21 14:38, Aleksander Machniak wrote:
> On 21.03.2012 14:22, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
>>    memberURL:
>>
>> ldap:///ou=People,dc=klab,dc=cc??sub?(&(objectClass=kolabinetorgperson)(mail=*))
>>
>> The distinguishable components in this attribute are a search
>> base_dn,
>> result attribute name, search scope and search filter.
>
> It means we should display four input fields instead of one in group
> edit/add form?

Sure - I suppose for now we can leave those five(!) input fields as
free-form text input.

The fifth (or, the first, if you consider the positioning) is the
ldap:/// URI segment, which is scheme+server address.

Later on, perhaps, we could make scope a select list (base, one, sub),
and make building a filter more of a dialogue or something.

>> Despite the fact these groups could get pretty large, I suppose we
>> also
>> need to display a list of members such a memberURL would result
>> in...
>
> Do we? Maybe a "search in members" widget (similiar to autocompletion
> field) would be enough? Members list without search would be quite
> useless.

There's usually a "test this filter" preview of what the list of
members is going to look like.

I suppose obtaining the LDAP object for the group is very light, and
paginated (UI) VLV/Sort controlled (API) searches could be used for
large result sets.

> Additionally, we could add group selector to the users list search
> form.

Yes, I've been wanting to do this myself as well - notably groups and
roles.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--