[Kolab-devel] Resource Management in Kolab 3.0

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Mar 13 10:27:07 CET 2012

On 2012-03-12 14:33, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> As per http://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab_3.0_Resource_Management

Some additional questions came to mind;

- Where are (the calendars for) two identical resources (going to be)
stored in IMAP?

   Do we think shared/resources/Cars/Car #1 and
shared/resources/Cars/Car #2 for two cars that are exactly the same, the
nested level "Cars" indicating they are two of the same perhaps? Would
that scale up to:

     - shared/resources/Cars with Stickshift/
     - shared/resources/Cars with Powersteering/
     - (...)

   To be honest, I don't think so.

   Do we think shared/resources/Car #1 (and Car #2) calendars need to be
annotated / contain a configuration XML object?

- How are we going to identify someone wants "that specific car" vs.
just "a car"?

- How do we identify resources?

   Presumably, they are part of an LDAP address book, but use a
different classification (so you can invite people to a meeting and
(separately) select the resources you need for that meeting). Perhaps
we're thinking of a new objectClass?

   Alternatively, the resources could be contained within objects in
(specific) IMAP folders, though I am not sure;

     1) what the tree of IMAP folders would look like,
     2) how to administer the resources contained within such folder(s),
or
     3) what that would do for delivery of invitations.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG