[Kolab-devel] ActiveSync: event alarms

Heiner Markert mephisto at gmx.net
Fri Jul 20 07:47:24 CEST 2012

Am Thursday 05 July 2012 10:05:35 schrieb Christian Mollekopf:
> On Thursday 05 July 2012 09.07:12 Aleksander Machniak wrote:
> > On 07/04/2012 10:18 AM, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> > > That would mean loosing the alarms every time the event is edited over
> > > active- sync, so we need some way to preserve all alarms including
> > > type. So I would suggest to just show DISPLAY alarms, and possibly
> > > convert AUDIO alarms to DISPLAY alarms as well (though in a way that
> > > you can convert back when the event is edited), and ignoring EMAIL
> > > alarms, while preserving all information about the alarms (so you're
> > > able to convert back). Is that possible?
> >
> > Yes, we can preserve this information. There are still some questions:
> > What to do when importing a new event with alarm into Kolab? Use DISPLAY
> > or ignore? Add setting for this? Per-device or per-folder?
>
> As long as there is no audio-file which would actually allow you to issue
> an AUDIO alarm, I would say default to DISPLAY. I think a setting would be
> overly complicated and we can add that if we see a real need for it.
>
> Cheers,
> Christian

Hello,

from my personal point of view, I typically disable alarm syncing for folders
that I do not have write permissions anyway, so I do not need a setting for
enabling or disabling alarms of events imported from the mobile.

It would however be a great enhancement over the current z-push implementation
if it was possible to somehow determine the folder that an event is imported
to even when syncing in "flat mode". It is very annoying that all events
created on the mobile end up in the personal calendar.

Best regards
Heiner