[Kolab-devel] Next generation web client UI

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Thu Jul 12 10:51:01 CEST 2012

On Wednesday 11 July 2012 22:21:11 Thomas Brüderli wrote:
> I like the solution with the drop-down menu for the main tasks but one
> reason for that was actually to gain some more vertical space which is
> now taken by the main task buttons. I'd suggest to at least remove the
> topmost black bar by placing the logout link also into that drop-down
> menu and moving the user name left of the drop-down since we now have
> plenty of horizontal space. The About link and the version information
> aren't that important to occupy space on every screen. And maybe he can
> still squeeze the header by some pixels to get even more vertical space.

I agree with that comment. An alternative proposal would be to move commonly
used activities such as "E-Mail, Contacts, Calendar" out of the drop-down menu
and put them right into that bar like the future Roundcube skin does.

This way Contacts and Calendar would not be hidden and just be one click away.
Maybe both proposals can be implemented at the same time depending on how much
horizontal space is left. In any case, I think we should get rid of the black
top bar.

Other than that, I'm quite happy with the skin :)

Are there mockups for calender and addressbook view as well?

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist