[Kolab-devel] Kolab 3.0/Debian: Best way to start over?

ITSEF Admin itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Tue Dec 18 09:59:53 CET 2012

On Monday 17 December 2012 19:10:41 Paul Klos wrote:
> Op maandag 17 december 2012 18:49:19 schreef ITSEF Admin:
[...]
> > Is there an (easy) way to re-start with the Kolab-stuff only (w/o having
> > to reinstall the whole machine) [...]?
[...]
> Thorough:
> 1. apt-get remove --purge kolab kolab-syncroton
> 2. apt-get autoremove --purge
> 3. apt-get install kolab

That sounds like a plan - I was thinking along the same lines, but thank you
very much for confirming and outlining it!

> Of course, if you run a VM, starting up with a fresh copy might really be
> the easiest way.

Well, yeah, but I chose to run it on a real spare machine which just happened
to sit idle in our sever room. I could of course reinstall that as well, but
time is scarce, so not having to do a full reinstall leaves more time to play
with Kolab itself. :-)

Cheerio,

Thomas