[Kolab-devel] [issue4782] Notes broken

Heiner issues at kolab.org
Sat Sep 17 10:02:37 CEST 2011

Hello,

for me, notes created in one kolab client often do not show in other clients, or
are completely lost.
I tried several clients:
- most recent E5 Edition for Windows (2011-09-09)
- kdepim 4.7.0 kontact
- kde 3.5 kontact
- syncphony syncml interface
- Horde
- horde syncml interface

Syncml is synchronized with MS Outlook 2003 via funambol plugin 10.0.4.

I use a kolab 2.3.3 server installation.
Now what is working/not working:
- Notes created with kontact 3.5 get visible in the kjots component of recent
kontact versions (knotes component in recent kontact never shows any notes,
probably because no akonadi backend for kolab exists).
- notes created with recent kontact versions (kjots) will not show in any other
client, i.e. they are not synchronized to outlook via neither syncml interface,
do not show in Horde, and do not appear in KDE 3.5 client
- Notes created with horde are visible in horde and newer Kontact, but do not
get synchronized to outlook (did not test the kde 3.5 client for that)
- notes created with outlook and synced via horde appear in kontact (recent
client), but when doing a slow sync in outlook, they do not get synced to
outlook (horde syncml interface). However, using syncphony, this (and only this
note) appears in outlook.
- Notes created in kontact 3.5 display as plain rich text in recent kontact,
e.g. like this:
"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/strict.dtd">
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
font-weight:400; font-style:normal;">

There are probably many other combinations that I did not evaluate, but for
notes, it heavily depends on the client what works and what is not working.

The problem do not specifically depend on the server version, 2.2.4, 2.3.2, and
2.3.3 all show similar behaviour.
A few years ago when the only clients where kde 3.5 kontact and horde, notes
where working somehow, although I always got the plain rtf on the mobile as
obviously no conversion was done.

Adding an option for plain text notes would solve at least some of the problems.

messages: 28233
nosy: jaywalker
status: unread
title: Notes broken