[Kolab-devel] [UPDATE] KEP #14: Non-conflicting edits of RFC5228/Sieve scripts by multiple editors

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 15 17:45:32 CEST 2011

On Thursday 15 September 2011 16.31:14 Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> I intended to suggest providing the MAY take over SHALL ask for
> confirmation clause in the "Different, supported editor" as well (like
> in the "Different editor").

Alright. Now reads:

"When changing the file on the server, editor MAY offer the user to take
ownership of the script, SHALL require postitive confirmation from the user for
doing so, and MUST then write out the script in its own format and with the
editor and version variables set to its own name and version. Otherwise editor
SHALL preserve the format of the editor and version which originally wrote the
file and MUST preserve the variables accordingly. "

So the default is to not take ownership, but it MAY be done if the user so
chooses. Already online at

	http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Greve/Drafts/KEP:14

> Congratulations! Closing call by the end of this week? ;-)

I think so. Most others seemed to be fine with it already.

EVERYONE: READ NOW IF YOU CARE!

Best regards,
Georg

--