[Kolab-devel] Branch '2.3-stable' - 2 commits - kolabd/kolabd.spec release-notes.txt

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Thu Sep 15 14:42:49 CEST 2011

Quoting Christoph Wickert <wickert at kolabsys.com>:

> On Thursday 15 September 2011 05:35:17 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> Quoting Christoph Wickert <wickert at kolabsys.com>:
>> >
>> > There was no time for communication, I am releasing 2.3.3.
>>
>> This is what irritated me. I fully understand that there was a certain
>> pressure to get 2.3.3 out the door.
>>
>> Under normal circumstances I have no problems with getting my commits
>> reverted and discussing the technical aspects.
>
> Hi Gunnar,
>
> I think that the technical aspects should be discussed before a commit, not
> before reverting it. You told me you want to enable the filter extension, but
> you never said you want to push a useless update for kolabd in 2.3-stable.
>
>> But in this case you
>> took the solitary decision that this can at least wait until the next
>> release without trying to contact me again. Working together with
>> Thomas and the Kolab server dev community in the past years I came to
>> expect something different.
>
> I'm not sure if Thomas had tried to contact you in this case, but I do know
> that in the past Thomas reverted your commits, too. In fact I discussed this
> decision with Sascha and Thomas. While I was the one who first suggested to
> ignore your changes, they insisted that the tag needs to exactly match the
> release and therefor the commit had to be reverted.

I did in no way deny either Thomas, nor Sascha, nor you the right to
revert my commits. I said so above.

>> I probably wouldn't have had the time to
>> react - but the impression would have been quite different if I had
>> seen any type of ping ten minutes before reverting.
>
> You knew that I was to release 2.3.3. How about pinging me to tell me that I
> need to build a new kolabd package?

I wasn't the one realizing that something was amiss and needed fixing.
How could I have sent a ping?

>> Do I ask for too much if I expect the small curtosy of a short ping
>> *before* reverting a commit if the release is imminent?
>
> Do I expect too much if I expect you to explain your desired changes
> and their
> scope in advance when we discuss them? If we argued that way we can go back
> and forth without any progress if we argue this way. This is why I suggest to
> restrict this discussion to the technical questions.

Okay. You run this community. Thanks for clarifying your position.

Kind regards,

Gunnar

--
Core Developer