[Kolab-devel] NEW KEP: KEP #14: Non-conflicting edits of RFC5228/Sieve scripts by multiple editors

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 1 13:49:12 CEST 2011

Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> Dear all,

Hi Georg,

> Based on the initial idea circulated in May on kolab-devel, please be
> informed of a new Design KEP to enable non-conflicting mail filter edits
> on the server by multiple clients:
>
> 	KEP 14: Non-conflicting edits of RFC5228/Sieve scripts by multiple
editors
> 	http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Greve/Drafts/KEP:14

I would like to include a list of extensions that MUST be included / allowed
on the server-side for certain functionality to work, such as;

- http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5230 (Sieve Vacation Extension)
- http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5231 (Sieve Relational Extension)

I (we?) can then verify each and everyone is supported by our targeted /
supported IMAP server implementations.

Also, for NAME or NAMESPACE reservations, often a process is included to
request / be assigned a NAME or NAMESPACE reservation; I would like to see
such process included with KEP #14 as well. This is often a first-come-first-
serve process, provided a template, such as

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG