[Kolab-devel] NEW KEP: KEP #14: Non-conflicting edits of RFC5228/Sieve scripts by multiple editors

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Thu Sep 1 10:12:57 CEST 2011

On 31.08.2011 20:10, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> 	KEP 14: Non-conflicting edits of RFC5228/Sieve scripts by multiple editors
> 	http://wiki.kolab.org/User:Greve/Drafts/KEP:14

1. .siv extension. This is probably Cyrus extension, however Dovecot's
managesieve implementation uses .sieve extension. So, maybe it would be
good to say a word about this in the KEP. More important in
Protected_names section, while LISTSCRIPTS command returns no extension.

2. add a word that it requires include extension
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sieve-include
- see, include command doesn't use script file extension.

3. I see a problem with clients able to handle many scripts, like
Roundcube. Let's say I have few scripts. To make one of them active,
according to KEP, I should rename it to 'rc' (rc.siv), right? This way
I'm loosing the real name of the script. Possible solutions:
- store the realname in comments inside the active script, which is not
good, because to list scripts I'd need to parse MASTER and active script,
- store the realname in comments inside the MASTER script, which is
better, because to list scripts I'd need to parse only MASTER script.
Anyway I'd need to parse it to find active script.

include :personal "rc"; # Real-script_name

or maybe, without script rename:

include :personal "real_script_name"; # Roundcube

or

include /* Roundcube */ :personal "real_script_name";

4. Finally, there's still an issue if we have two clients with
multi-script handling. It's not possible to find out which scripts
belong to which client. This is probably out of scope, but I think it
can be resolved only by using some client specific prefix in script names.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak