[Kolab-devel] Kolab issue tracker situation

Thomas Koch thomas at koch.ro
Wed Nov 9 17:14:22 CET 2011

Christoph Wickert:
> If you read the instructions how to use the issue tracker you will see that
If you read my mail, you will see that I just referred to open issues, not
only in the server. :-)

> Roundup will be phased out, we are just not sure how to migrate the content
Then please update all links to the new issue tracker or even better move the
new issue tracker directly to issues.kolab.org and the old one to another
address. Otherwise people continue to fill issues in roundup.

These sites reference issues.kolab.org:
http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab_Issue_Tracker
http://kolab.org/

> to Bugzilla. While I personally think this is a good opportunity to clean
> the bug tracker (because a lot of bugs are no longer valid), others are
> afraid that valuable information gets lost.
Where's the problem? Just keep the old issue tracker living read-only and add
a notice to all html sites referring to the new tracker. If people want to
continue working on old issues, they should re-open them in the new tracker.

After 2 years you should be able to pull the plug on the old tracker.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro