[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.3.1 / Horde: Does not display E-Mail

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Wed May 18 10:29:01 CEST 2011

Zitat von Del <delonly at gmail.com>:

> On Tuesday 17. May 2011 03.56.40 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>> Zitat von Del <delonly at gmail.com>:
>> > Copying over exposed one more
>> > issue, the copied messages are not ordered by Arrival date in Horde.
>> > Kontact does not have any problem sorting them by date. New messages
>> > do come on top, so this only seems to apply to the copied messages.
>> > Horde does display the correct arrival date on each, so it seems the
>> > ordering is done by some other meta-data.
>>
>> Maybe the sorting is done by the uid the messages have on the server.
>> But this can usually be changed by clicking on the header you wish to
>> sort by.
>
> I am afraid not. I checked the folder
> /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain/r/[mydomain]/a/user/[myusername]
> Both uid and gid are kolab-r
> However, the files with the e-mails (i.e., the files in that folder) were
> numerated (the file names are numbers with ending in a period) in the order
> they were created when copied over in Kontact. The order Kontact copied the
> mails over is independent of the original arrival date of the mails.
> The order
> of file creation when copying in Kontact is also the order Horde uses when
> clicking on "Arrival date" in Horde. Kontact on the other hand reads the
> arrival date from the mail-file header, and orders the messages by
> the original
> arrival date correctly.
>
>> > Thirdly, the necessity to use Norwegian in Horde exposed the terribly
>> > sketchy language translations. Gunnar, I assume Horde4 is on the way,
>> > so maybe this is the place I should look to contribute with
>> > translations: http://wiki.horde.org/Doc/Dev/TranslationH4 ?
>>
>> Yes, absolutely. The Horde team is happy about any contribution.
>>
>> You can of course already install the Horde 4 webmail on a Kolab
>> server but I am indeed working on the Kolab specific release of Horde
>> 4. Though this is no real release but will only be a specific
>> configuration add-on package.
>
> Maybe it makes more sense that we focus testing and debugging
> efforts on Horde4
> then?

I will have to publish a half way working version of Horde 4 / Kolab
before that makes sense. But then it will make a lot of sense because
Horde 4 will work without any Kolab specific patches and it will be
the vanilla version you get from horde.org.

That means that you can post any issues upstream immediately and you
get a better repsponse time for the issues as the Horde developer
crowd will immediately answer to the more generic issues. For the
current Horde on Kolab this is usually just me and that means less man
power ;)

Cheers,

Gunnar