[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.3.1 / Horde: Does not display E-Mails

Hermann Himmelbauer hermann at qwer.tk
Mon May 16 16:42:52 CEST 2011

Am 16.05.2011 14:16, schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> The issue you referenced affected Horde Git master which refers to the
> newer Horde 4 code. I do assume you are still on Horde 3.
Right, I missed that one.
> And since you mentioned that you only see the problem on mail you
> copied over from an old server I'm pretty certain the problem
> originates from the server side. Horde could do a better job catching
> the problem but in principle the error indicates that the mails are
> broken and should get fixed.
Hmmm, any clue how to do this? I expect that these E-Mails shoud be
UTF-8 encoded, right? But it seems they are, at least in the impad-spool
directory, the E-Mails seem to be UTF-8 encoded, moreover, they have the
following line in the E-Mail header:

However, when opening the message in horde (pop-up window view), it
displays the following above the mail data:

--------------
This message was written in a character set (UTF-8) other than your own.
If it is not displayed correctly, click here
<https://hermes.qwer.tk/client/dimp/message.php?folder=INBOX%2FZZZArchiv%2Fcomputertest&uid=1#>
to open it in a new window.
--------------

The origin of the E-Mail is a cyrus imapd server, (web-cyradm), the
cyrus version is 2.2.3-83.22. I made a diff of the original and the
copied message (both in the imapd spool directory) and there's no
difference.

BUT WAIT: Just to make sure I sent myself a new mail with umlauts to my
newly installed Kolab 2.3.1 and voila, the same Horde problem again. So
it seems not to be a copying only problem...

But I really wonder that no one else has experienced this. Maybe this
has something to do with my Linux distribution? (Debian squeeze, which
is very new)?

Best Regards,
Hermann

P.S.: I'll add some umlauts to this mail, perhaps someone else will
experience the problem: ßüöäÜÖÄ

hermann at qwer.tk
GPG key ID: 299893C7 (on keyservers)
FP: 0124 2584 8809 EF2A DBF9  4902 64B4 D16B 2998 93C7