[Kolab-devel] Roundcube requirements (was Re: On the road to Kolab 3.0)

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Dec 12 11:18:09 CET 2011

On Monday 12 December 2011 10:52:07 Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> I really just wanted to understand what might be the blockers when trying to
> run roundcube on Kolab-Server-2.3.4.

Please stop using the term "Kolab Server" for "Kolab distributed through
OpenPKG". My ears are bleeding :)

Really, if we want Kolab to be widely adopted, we need to make sure that
OpenPKG is just a distribution and there are other ways, too.

> You indicate that the PHP version is to low. Roundcube-0.7 is apparently
> not released yet and I did not find its exact requirements on the webpage.
> But 0.6 depended on PHP 5.2. It is kind of hard to imagine 0.7 relies on
> the yet unfinished PHP 5.4 (RC). And Kolab Server 2.3.4 has the stable
> 5.3.8.

Roundcube needs some PEAR modules (e.g. Net_IDNA2) or PECL extensions (pecl-
Fileinfo) that are not packaged as OpenPKG. For others the versions we have as
OpenPKG are outdated (MDB2 >= 2.5.0 plus driver for MySQL, PostgreSQL or
SQLite).

The rest (Auth-SASL, DB, Mail-Mime, Net-SMTP, Net-Socket, Mail-mimeDecode) is
available and should suffice.

More info at http://trac.roundcube.net/wiki/Howto_Requirements (unfortunately
not as detailed as it should)

Regards,