[Kolab-devel] [Kolab Systems Partners] Z-push test results with BlackBerry and Android

Alain Abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Sun Sep 26 00:10:14 CEST 2010

Chirag Gajjar a écrit :

> Hello,
>

> _BlackBerry and Z-push test results:_
>
> After installing the new packages (Z-push and Kolab-Z-push 0.6.4) on
> the server, I have been unable to configure Notify Sync as described
> in the Kolab wiki on my BlackBerry phone.
>
> I am currently using a BlackBerry device with OS version 4.5.0.124
>
> I have successfully installed Notify Sync on the phone but am
> experiencing issues while configuring this third party application.
> During the registration process of this application, an error message
> is received that reads “Your server does not support any of EAS
> versions that Notify Sync requires”.
>
> On speaking to the support technician at Notify Sync, I was informed
> that this tool checks to see the version of supported Active Sync.
> Notify Sync only supports versions 2.5, 12.0 and 12.1
>

> There is a knowledge based article for this error message:
>
> http://kb.notifysync.co.uk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=137
> <http://kb.notifysync.co.uk/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=137>
>

> This article also provides an active sync/server compatibility test
> tool that can be run to see what versions of Active Sync are
> supported. After running this tool against the Kolab server, the test
> case fails. This leads me to assume that Z-push is not providing the
> information Notify Sync requires to validate the Active Sync version.

I tested this tool and it send a GET method and not a POST like the
device and send wrong the username
username must be "DOMAIN\USER" and this tool send "DOMAIN/USER" that
disturb Zpush
Really i need a tcpdump to see the dialog between the blackberry and the
server to see the firsts dialog
if there are no trace in the debug.txt and access.log that means that
the problem is a z-push problem not the backend
make the trace not SSL
tcpdump -n -i eth0 -s 1500 -w /tmp/trace.pcap

Thanks without that i cant help you