[Kolab-devel] Native Packaging, Issue Tracking & Restructuring the SCM

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Thu Sep 9 13:27:41 CEST 2010

* Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com> [20100908 19:27]:
> I would propose that the various components that are all in the server
> repository now, would need to become separate components.

In short: You are preach to the choir here.

In times before Kolab Systems we already talked about this a bit and
when we talked with Christoph about our wishes for Kolab 3000
(including pre-releases like 2.3 or 3.0)), this was a very important
topic for us. In fact, it seems to have been too important to be
mentioned on this list (maybe because it is clear that this is
wanted), at least I can't find a pointer.

Of course there are pitfalls in having multiple repositories, e.g.
moving files from one component to another later if the original
decision shows to be wrong, but there clearly are many benefits.

Regards,
Thomas

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998