[Kolab-devel] cyrus 2.4.0?

Thomas Spuhler thomas at btspuhler.com
Sat Oct 16 18:56:38 CEST 2010

On Saturday, October 16, 2010 01:42:06 am Richard Bos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got this question related to Kolab:
>
> ==============
> Hi Richard,
>
> I wonder if you already have any experiences with cyrus-imapd-2.4.0. Do
> you think it would make sense to update to that release? Or would it be
> better so stay with the 2.3 branch and wait for some time to let 2.4
> settle?
>
> Are the Kolab patches already present for 2.4? Are they even needed?
> ==============
>
> Information from the cyrus website:
>
> Posted on 11 oct 2010 cyrus-imapd-2.4.0 released
> We are pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.0. This release
> should be considered production quality but hasn't yet been widely tested.
> For full details, please see:
> http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.0/changes.php
> http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.0/install-upgrade.php
>
> Will Kolab soon use 2.4.0 or will that wait till the next major Kolab
> release (2.3.0)?
I think at this time it would be taking too much of a chance. I would think
the Distibutions should test and debug it first, and I am seeing that the
Mandriva maintainer for Cyrus-Imap just upgraded it to 2.3.16. The
distributions have a much larger testing audience, especially during the
cooker/factory cycle. Let them do it first.
Just my 2c
--
Thomas