[Kolab-devel] Code revision for kolab

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at kolabsys.com
Tue Oct 12 23:55:44 CEST 2010

Zitat von Christoph Wickert <wickert at kolabsys.com>:

> Hallo world,
>
> recently some changes have gone into the repo that confused some
> contributors.
> Therefor it was suggested to introduce code reviews before
> committing changes.

Feels like an unnecessary overhead to me. There was an intense
discussion concerning these commits which actually tells me that we do
have an active code review process which is alive and kicking.

I do believe we are all aware that with the start of Kolab Systems the
Kolab development sees some new activities, also new people and in
general gets a decent shot of new energy.

It is also obvious that this will not always be without some pain in
the one or the other corner. Sometimes old ways will have to be
abolished and sometimes new ideas will have to be ignored in favor of
the old ways. I consider this process to be "learning" even if it may
hurt a little.

So we are all able to talk with each other and I really would like to
avoid adding additional structure, rules or anything that can impede
our current progress.

Cheers,

Gunnar

--