[Kolab-devel] [issue4608] Roundup needs tracker bugs

Christoph Wickert issues at kolab.org
Mon Oct 11 15:54:52 CEST 2010

Taken from http://wiki.kolab.org/Requirements_of_an_Issue_Tracker#Tracker_Bugs

As I server coordinator I'd like to have tracker bugs that can only be closed
once all issues the bug depends on are closed. These bugs have no component,
therefor a fake "tracking" component is added. A tracking bug can even block
other tracking bugs, say "RHEL" and "Debian" block "Distributions". For a nice
dependency tree, see
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/showdependencytree.cgi?id=FTBFS&hide_resolved=1
Tracker bugs are an important tool for release engineering. Each release should
have (at least) two trackers: Kolab-<Version>-Blocker and
Kolab-<VERSION>-Target. Targets are what we want to achieve, things from our
roadmap and or bugs we want to get fixed. Blockers are absolutely release
critical and delay a release until they are fixed. We must be able to move bugs
between these two without changing their priority or urgency.

assignedto: thomas
dependson: Roundup needs aliases
keyword: roundup
messages: 26796
nosy: bernhard, jmeeuwen, thomas, wickert, wilde
priority: critical
status: unread
title: Roundup needs tracker bugs