[Kolab-devel] [issue4600] Superseded issues should be closed

Sascha Wilde issues at kolab.org
Mon Oct 11 13:27:11 CEST 2010

Hi *,

looking at all the shiny new features in the issues.kolab.org roundup I came to
think about superseded issues (issues where superseder is set to another issue).

My impression is that superseded issues should always be closed
(status=resolved), as to my understanding "Superseder" means: all discussion,
work, documentation regarding the issue should be done there.  So keeping the
superseded issue open would require action (at least changing the status at some
point in time) in an issue which is marked as the false place for any action.
Which to me would be an logical contradiction...

So I'd suggest to implement some validation logic, to prevent setting status to
anything != resolved when Superseder is set.  Does this make sense?  What Do
others think?

assignedto: thomas
keyword: roundup
messages: 26777
nosy: thomas, wickert, wilde, wrobel
status: unread
title: Superseded issues should be closed