[Kolab-devel] PHP Acceleration / Caching?

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Nov 17 12:14:37 CET 2010

On Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:56:54 am Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> > Does Horde / RoundCube / Web Admin allow for PHP Acceleration / Caching
> > engines?
> >
> > I'm asking as I've enabled APC (Alternative PHP Cache) for the many
> > MediaWiki and Drupal instances I manage; increasing performance a lot as
> > we experience it, and it seems like a reasonable thing to consider
> > enabling for our various PHP web applications.
>
> I'm not sure if this has been triggered by a discussion on info-cyrus, but
> guys have been talking there about improving webmail system performance and
> PHP caching/acceleration was one suggestion.

This had been triggered elsewhere, but I'll have a peak at the threads on
info-cyrus as well, thanks!

(Having looked just now, I can't seem to be able to find the appropriate
thread, could you find the reference please?)

> The other was using an imap proxy which it's suggested improves (some)
> webmail systems performance dramatically.  Has this been considered for
> Horde in Kolab?  Does anyone manually put an imap proxy in?

No IMAP proxying has been employed in any Kolab setup I'm aware of. I suppose
NGINX is the preferred technology here?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--