[Kolab-devel] PHP Acceleration / Caching?

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Wed Nov 17 11:56:54 CET 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:

> Does Horde / RoundCube / Web Admin allow for PHP Acceleration / Caching
> engines?
>
> I'm asking as I've enabled APC (Alternative PHP Cache) for the many MediaWiki
> and Drupal instances I manage; increasing performance a lot as we experience
> it, and it seems like a reasonable thing to consider enabling for our various
> PHP web applications.

I'm not sure if this has been triggered by a discussion on info-cyrus, but
guys have been talking there about improving webmail system performance and
PHP caching/acceleration was one suggestion.

The other was using an imap proxy which it's suggested improves (some)
webmail systems performance dramatically.  Has this been considered for
Horde in Kolab?  Does anyone manually put an imap proxy in?

Gavin