[Kolab-devel] Structuring decisions & their documentation: Kolab Enhancement Proposals (KEP 1)

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Wed Nov 17 12:10:42 CET 2010

Hi all,

Primarily on kolab-format@ we had a couple of suggestions for format updates
over the years, but we often lacked the process of how to move this forward,
making it too fragile and unclear as to how such a process could work.

Other communities have solved this problem already, for instance Bernhard
pointed out that Python has the Python Enhancement Proposals, which then got
adopted by other projects with other methodologies and adapted to their needs.

Since others have already followed this example, I think it might work for us,
as well. So I have  attached KEP 1, which is the "bootstrapping" of the
process, really, and gives us a sane starting point.

My suggestion would be to give this a try and see how it works for us.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve