[Kolab-devel] Phone call tracker for Horde client

Tue May 11 10:04:44 CEST 2010

> I think  they did not know what to do with it as the mail you wrote
> to the  horde mailing list already indicated that exists no real
> interest in  further supporting the application from the side of
> your company. So importing it into git does not make much sense
> indeed as you already pointed out.

After double-checking with my superior, it would seem that this is the
general consensus -- see below.

> I probably fail to see what your intentions concerning gossip are.
> [...]
> You seem to consider the software you wrote to be complete crap but
> the company you represent here apparently does not.

That might be putting it a bit strongly, but I'm certainly not exactly
proud of it. Then again, I just might have ridiculously high
standards. Conversely, the others involved on our side seem to have
rather low standards. As for our "intentions" --

> Maybe the person that "forced" you to write these mails might chime
> in  here? :)

-- I asked him what those might acually be, and it is as I suspected.
The idea is that Kolab, not Horde, make the whole thing part of their
"standard installation" (eventually anyway).

The latter part, at least, makes sense -- it will very likely *not*
make it into the Horde repository; at least until we (and therefore
Kolab) switch everything to H4.

So in the words of aforementioned superior (i.e. --begin quote--)
* we want to bring Kolab forward, notably as to set it apart from
other groupware solutions
* we desire feedback, such that we can adjust the application to what
everyone[1] wants[2]
* after so adjusting it, we want to distribute it to the general public[3]
--end quote--

[1] "Everyone", in this case, referring to the Kolab folks.
[2] It seems people here expect that this coincide with what *we*
want, i.e. what we know
[3] That is, by having it bundeled with Kolab.

There -- our side's POV, in a nutshell. :P

Sincerely,
Simon Bausch

Note: This message might not correctly view my opinion. Further, this
message might not correctly view the opinion of TBits.net GmbH