[Kolab-devel] How to test the Kolab server (was: Re: Brain Dump of the Week: Ideas, Plans and Realities ...)

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Tue Nov 24 00:01:29 CET 2009

Hi Mathieu,

Quoting Mathieu Parent <math.parent at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:27 PM, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> wrote:
> (mega-snip)
>
>> So I think the core issue to discuss would be testing. <snip>
> Agree.
>
> I will move the pkg-kolab (Debian) testsuite to Kolab CVS. We can use
> it as a base.
>
> Currently the script:
> - bootstrap a virtual domain (Xen or Virtualbox)
> - install kolab
> - run kolab_bootstrap and automatically answer questions
> - run Kolab_Filter and Kolab_freebusy testsuites
>
> TODO rapidely:
> - support for OpenPKG's kolab version
> - support for other distributions (mainly those with native packages)
> - support for other virtualizations (I don't have HVM myself)
> - extend the testsuite
>
> See: http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-kolab/pkg-kolab_testsuite/testsuite

Wow, cool. Thanks! I couldn't take a closer look now but I guess it
should be possible to merge that with the cvs-kolab.sh script from our
cvs so that we can setup an OpenPKG based Kolab installation and test
run it.

@Thomas: I know you had your own ideas in that direction. Can you join
the discussion and maybe give some hints on whether this would be a
move into the right direction? Thanks!

Cheers,

Gunnar