[Kolab-devel] custom Kolab 2.2 patch adding new features for ISP functionality

Tue Mar 10 10:36:15 CET 2009

On Tuesday 10 March 2009 08:45:28 am Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Moin Martin,
>
> Am Montag, 9. März 2009 16:48:18 schrieb Martin Zapfl:
> > we did some enhancements to Kolab Webamin.
> > This patch is applied to Kolab version 2.2
> > It adds a lot of new features mostly used in ISP environments.
>
> thanks for publishing it!

:-)

> > Most import changes are:
> > - Mange customers
> > - Prefixes can be used to set UIDs
>
> Can you elaborate on the "prefixes"? How they are used?

Customer UID Prefix:
This prefix is prepended to the users UID.
If a domain maintainer is associated to a customer and creates or modifies a
user the UID is generated automatically. Admins and Manager can always modify
the users UID.
Generating UIDs is set by UID_PREFIX_AUTOSET
in /kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/config.php.

> > - Each customers data is stored in a separate LDAP subtree
> > - Each customer can have its own users, address book, shared folders or
> > distribution lists
> > - Set maximum number of accounts, domain and default quotas
> > - Set password security and view customer password information page
> > - Groupware can be disabled for single customers
> > - Assign domain administrators to a customer
> > - Show usage of users IMAP accounts
>
> This certainly should be seperated, I believe we already have an example in
>
> the wiki:
> > - Users can enable vacation and e-mail forwarding at the same time
>
> At least the KDE Kolab Client must implement it then as well.
> In the future we hope to create a much better overall vacation concept.
>
> What is the use case for the following:
> > - restrict login in webadmin only to UID and  deny E-Mail address login
> >
> The Kolab Concept relieas a lot of a primary email address, so it should
> work at all places.

This is just a security feature for webadmin. As access to kolab webadmin may
be public a login with e-mail address and weak password for others is
possible. Therefor login access may be restricted for logging in only with
UID.

It can be enabled or disabled in /kolab/var/kolab/php/admin/include/config.php