[Kolab-devel] custom Kolab 2.2 patch adding new features for ISP functionality

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Mar 10 08:45:28 CET 2009

Moin Martin,

Am Montag, 9. März 2009 16:48:18 schrieb Martin Zapfl:
> we did some enhancements to Kolab Webamin.
> This patch is applied to Kolab version 2.2
> It adds a lot of new features mostly used in ISP environments.

thanks for publishing it!

> Most import changes are:
> - Mange customers
> - Prefixes can be used to set UIDs

Can you elaborate on the "prefixes"? How they are used?

> - Each customers data is stored in a separate LDAP subtree
> - Each customer can have its own users, address book, shared folders or
> distribution lists
> - Set maximum number of accounts, domain and default quotas
> - Set password security and view customer password information page
> - Groupware can be disabled for single customers
> - Assign domain administrators to a customer
> - Show usage of users IMAP accounts

This certainly should be seperated, I believe we already have an example in
the wiki:
> - Users can enable vacation and e-mail forwarding at the same time
At least the KDE Kolab Client must implement it then as well.
In the future we hope to create a much better overall vacation concept.

What is the use case for the following:
> - restrict login in webadmin only to UID and  deny E-Mail address login
The Kolab Concept relieas a lot of a primary email address, so it should work
at all places.