[Kolab-devel] Horde webmail patch management for the Kolab web client

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Jan 22 08:24:26 CET 2009

Quoting Thomas Arendsen Hein <thomas at intevation.de>:

> * Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> [20090111 22:36]:
>> The single patches required for the Kolab web client (based on
>> Horde) can be found here:
>>
>> http://hg.pardus.de/cgi-bin/hg.cgi/horde/HORDE/
>
> I'm getting "abort: consistency error adding group!" when trying to
> clone it, and I remember getting this in the past (December 2008?),
> too.

Hm, I admit I never tried cloning from that url.

> When doing minimal incremental pulls I noticed that the server is
> running out of memory, see
> http://hg.pardus.de/cgi-bin/hg.cgi/horde/HORDE/rev/51

Hrm.

>> The reason why Mathieu asked about this is because he considers the
>> big monolithic patch in Kolab CVS problematic to track.
>
>> I still believe this is the best way to go. But on the other hand
>> the way from the mercurial repository linked above to the final
>> patch may be somewhat obscure. Do people have better ideas? Or
>> should I just
>> document it better in the wiki? Hoping for comments ;)
>
> combinediff from the patchutils package could be used to
> automatically create the monolithic patch:
> cat series | xargs combinediff

As I'm moving to Horde 4 soon (and that includes moving away from
patch management with mercurial) I guess I won't fix the problems you
mentioned but rather get the current patch queue into Kolab CVS.

The ongoing development on Horde 4 could then be followed using git.
But I still have to get this set up.

Cheers,

Gunnar