[Kolab-devel] singleinstancestore within Cyrus (Re: Multiple Kolab's php eat all the RAM)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Jan 6 09:45:10 CET 2009

On Montag, 5. Januar 2009, Alain Spineux wrote:
> > I do not recomment singleinstancestore on the imap backend,
> > as it might complicate backups and restores. Usually using group accounts
> > for account-less folders you can avoid too much double storage in the
> > common cases.
>
> This doesn't "complicate" the backup nor the restore,  except if you
> want to keep this advantage during the backup and after the restore.
> This reduce by 3 the space for my hosted domains.
> This also require to use the good switch when using "du" :-)

So it is done by hardlinks I presume.
After a backup and restore the advantace is gone,
which I would call a "complication". :)
(To me a backup - restore should lead to the same situation it was started
from, at least in the main points a 3 times size increase is a main point.)

--
Managing Director - Owner: www.intevation.net      (Free Software Company)