[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server/Debian where to report issues?

Mathieu Parent math.parent at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 14:50:44 CET 2009

(adding pkg-kolab to cc)

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> The creation of kolab/issue3393 (Kolab Server/Debian Install failure for Etch)
> reminds that we need to write down some hints
> where to report Kolab Server/Debian issues
> and to guide users towards this.
>
> I've know closed issue3393 with:
>
>> This is Kolab Server/Debian which is in development and
>> not officially support so far,  please report to the Debian group. (
>> Or help with the development on kolab-devel@ or the corresponding Debian
>> group.)
>>
>> For a stable server right now try Kolab Server/OpenPKG which
>> is know to run nicely on Debian Etch.

Good

> I cannot say in what state Kolab Server/Debian currently is

Kolab server will unfortunately not be in lenny (it took to much time
to upload it), but the cyrus-kolab-* are.

Current packages in unstable, 2.2.0, are stable ;). They are intended
for lenny but probably work for etch also (not tested). Kolab server
is feature equivalent to OpenPKG packages (IMHO), without Kolab horde
web client. Upgrading from etch should work (more testing is needed).

I have prepared kolab server 2.2.1beta1 packages. They are stable and
feature equivalent to OpenPKG packages. I have added a new
kolab-webclient package. It works but:
- it doesn't use latest horde versions
(<http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-horde-hackers@lists.alioth.debian.org>)
- it doesn't include all kolab specific patches
So, it is not completely feature complete, but I don't know what is
missing (feel free to make a list)

Installation instructions are here:
<https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Debian_-_natively>

> and if there is a group being actively about it?

We, the maintainers of "Debian-native Kolab" packages, are in a team
(<http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/pkg-kolab>). Currently, I am the only
regular committer (help is appreciated), but there are several testers
(thanks!).

> Mathieu, @All, what do you think?

I have updated some pages on the kolab wiki about how to report
problems in native packages:
<https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Problem_reporting> is the entry
point, and links to
<https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Debian_-_Problem_reporting>.

So the process for Debian native is as follow:
* Take a look at open bugs
[http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=maint&data=pkg-kolab-devel%40lists.alioth.debian.org&archive=no&raw=yes&bug-rev=yes&pend-exc=fixed&pend-exc=done
].
* browse the Archives