[Kolab-devel] support for Kolab in Thunderbird??

Alain abbas alain.abbas at libertech.fr
Wed Dec 9 00:03:08 CET 2009

hi richard
we are working on Thunderbird+ lighting (inverse version) and Sogo
Connector to integrate it
For the moment we started with Davical project to have a good support of
Caldav . All things
that have seen about Caldav/horde is not clear and i didn t find a lot
of information about it

We started with Davical and we synchronize the database of Davical
(Postgres) with Kolab Folder
we have 3 clients who work like that and there are no major problem
except the installation (Php kolab is not compiled with PosgesSql support)
the main advantage is the speed because the database is used as cache or
proxy.
If someone is interested i can publish the code

i believe that Thunderbird + ligthning + sogo connector is a best
replacement for outlook

Alain