[Kolab-devel] [issue3814] completion order configuration for emails broken (rt#5856)

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Aug 14 12:27:14 CEST 2009

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

The order of completion as shown in the popup list is broken in several
respects. (It can be configured in to places 1. Konfiguration -> Email ->
Composer -> Configure completion order 2. right click in the input dialog line
and then select "configure completion order".)

There already is one seperated related issue about it:
kolab/issue3804 (Configuration of Address completion order: Missing last-used
addresses)

I am putting in the other problems in here:

a) The order is not kept as shown in the configuration:
I have three contacts folders and two KAddressbook ldap sources.
My LDAP results go first, even if the calender folders are in front.
I've tried a couple of other orders and I am not sure that the configuration
will actually takes and effect.

b) Not all configuration orders are saved, some combinations are not.
Example: I have the following in my case
   contact  A
   contacts B
   contacts C
   distribution lists
   file contacts
   ldap server D
   ldap server E

If I try to configure A to be between D and E, closing and reopening the dialog
ends up in

   contacts B
   contacts C
   distribution lists
   file contacts
   contact  A
   ldap server D
   ldap server E

c) what are distribution lists???
The regular client distribution lists from Kolab are displayed under the
contacts folder they are saved in. I vagely remember that KAddressbook had
another concept of distribution lists. If that is still in good use, we need
to change the language to avoid the missunderstanding. If it is not in good use
we should remove that entry I guess. Please explain and suggest.

Reproduced with
Version: 4:3.5.10.enterprise.0.20090807.1010452-kk3

assignedto: allen
messages: 21311
nosy: allen, bernhard, ludwig, till, tmcguire
priority: bug
status: unread
title: completion order configuration for emails broken (rt#5856)
topic: enterprise35, kde client, kkc