[Kolab-devel] [issue3590] Folder context menu button to send and save a new email with properties of this folder

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Tue Apr 28 12:59:40 CEST 2009

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

A wish for enhancement of Kontacts Email behaviour:

The folder context menu should have an action to
open the composer to send a new email which will get saved in the folder.
This is related to the "new email to this mailinglist" menu action
and the setting "save answers in this folder".

The use case is when users are keeping their email categorized in
certain subfolders. Let us say all emails to Allen are saved in a folder allen.
When replying this is no problem, the answer is saved in the folder
if I have the corresponding setting.
For a new email, I have to select the send folder manually which is hard
if I have a lot of folders.

So having a button: "New email with this folders properties" would be nice.
IMO this would save the email in the folder.
(which is something that could be affected by the "save this answer" setting.)
And I also think the identify should be considered.

So this button would:
   check if "save this answer in this folder" property
   if yes, set the send-folder to this folder
   if no, use the identify next to set the send-folder

So now I can send a new email to Allen, which gets saved in /allen
and with my Kolab identify with one menu action.

A possible next step would be to make one button/shortcut which either
does "new email to this list" or "new email with this folders properties",
as I believe this is almost orthogonal.

assignedto: till
messages: 19899
nosy: allen, bernhard, till
priority: wish
status: unread
title: Folder context menu button to send and save a new email with properties of this folder
topic: enterprise35, enterprise4, kde client