[Kolab-devel] [issue3564] Enable the Horde admin section so that it works or disable it completely

Gunnar Wrobel kolab-issues at intevation.de
Fri Apr 17 06:09:15 CEST 2009

New submission from Gunnar Wrobel <p at rdus.de>:

Correct. It is not possible to use the Horde configuration system via the web
with the kolab-webadmin. I'm still in favor of simply removing the complete
admin section of the horde installation for Kolab. Currently we just disabled it
by setting "$conf['auth']['admins'] = array();" so that there are no admin
users. But of course it is easy for people to find out how to add admins there,
not knowing that they might kill their Horde installation this way.

The problem is that the Horde configuration is a rather complex topic as you
have many options. Some of these options are simply required for Kolab to work
and should not be changed.

Hm, though actually it might not be hard to change that. We could just remove
the critical config variables, write them via templates and offer the web admin
for all the rest.

assignedto: wrobel
messages: 19691
nosy: bernhard, martin, thomas, wilde, wrobel
priority: bug
status: chatting
title: Enable the Horde admin section so that it works or disable it completely
topic: web client