[Kolab-devel] external-horde-cvs.sh removed

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Sep 22 14:10:27 CEST 2008

Quoting Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:

> hi gunnar,
>
> thx for your reply!
>
> On Mo 22 Sep 2008 11:57:39 CEST Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
>
>> Quoting Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:
>> I guess I won't continue to provide a direct snapshot of my
>> development efforts as that is too prone to failure when used by
>> somebody else. Working on base of a release candidate is easier.
>>
>> It is still possible to follow my day-to-day development on
>> http://hg.pardus.de/cgi-bin/hg.cgi/horde/HORDE/. The patches in there
>> apply to Horde CVS most of the time. Problem is that you need to be
>> familiar with Mercurial and its patch queue management to understand
>> how I work with the different branches there.
>
> ah, ok... there is a misunderstanding (as i did not mention the
> purpose of my horde instances...). for a stable / production your
> proposed way probably is best.
>
> the purpose for my horde instance would rather focus on code
> contribution. with an old stable/rc instance patches will not be
> really be up-to-date... i filed some bugs recently to horde.org, and
> jan schneider made me aware of my old CVS checkouts (i used the
> external-horde-cvs script and only then became aware of the hard-coded
> checkout $DATE).
>
> so again the more precised question: what is the best way to obtain a
> relatively recent kolab-webclient development snapshot. a snapshot
> that i can use as reference when finding a bug in the production
> instance (already solved in CVS or not), a snapshot to start working
> on fixes/enhancements and patch against...

I'd suggest using plain Horde CVS for that. The code within Horde CVS
now has a structure that I intend to keep that way for the next few
years. So there is nothing really major left within the patch queue on
hg.pardus.de. I'm commiting minor fixes directly to Horde CVS and just
keep them in the patch queue so that I can apply them to the current
stable release or release candidate.

I would consider the probability of your development clashing with
what I do in my patch queue to be really minor if you use plain Horde
CVS.

Looking forward to your patches :) I couldn't look at your recent
batch yet but will do it once I'm less busy on the next Kolab Server
release.

Cheers,

Gunnar

> thx for any hints,
> mike
>
> --
>
> das netzwerkteam
> mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
> fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419
> mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de
> freeBusy:
> https://mail.das-netzwerkteam.de/freebusy/m.gabriel%40das-netzwerkteam.de.xfb

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg