[Kolab-devel] external-horde-cvs.sh removed

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Sep 22 14:01:05 CEST 2008

hi gunnar,

thx for your reply!

On Mo 22 Sep 2008 11:57:39 CEST Gunnar Wrobel wrote:

> Quoting Mike Gabriel <m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:
> I guess I won't continue to provide a direct snapshot of my
> development efforts as that is too prone to failure when used by
> somebody else. Working on base of a release candidate is easier.
>
> It is still possible to follow my day-to-day development on
> http://hg.pardus.de/cgi-bin/hg.cgi/horde/HORDE/. The patches in there
> apply to Horde CVS most of the time. Problem is that you need to be
> familiar with Mercurial and its patch queue management to understand
> how I work with the different branches there.

ah, ok... there is a misunderstanding (as i did not mention the
purpose of my horde instances...). for a stable / production your
proposed way probably is best.

the purpose for my horde instance would rather focus on code
contribution. with an old stable/rc instance patches will not be
really be up-to-date... i filed some bugs recently to horde.org, and
jan schneider made me aware of my old CVS checkouts (i used the
external-horde-cvs script and only then became aware of the hard-coded
checkout $DATE).

so again the more precised question: what is the best way to obtain a
relatively recent kolab-webclient development snapshot. a snapshot
that i can use as reference when finding a bug in the production
instance (already solved in CVS or not), a snapshot to start working
on fixes/enhancements and patch against...

thx for any hints,
mike

--

das netzwerkteam
mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen