[Kolab-devel] [issue2729] "Reply To..." function behaves seemingly erratic

T. Ribbrock kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon May 26 18:09:11 CEST 2008

New submission from T. Ribbrock <itsef-admin at brightsight.com>:

When using the "Reply To..." function[0], the results seem erratic. Given the
name of the function, I would expect this function to "reply" to the receiver of
a mail (i.e. the person(s) in the 'To:' field). This does not seem to be the
case - when invoking this function, a message editor with a normal quoted reply
is opened. However, the pre-setting of the "To:" field seems rather
unpredictable. Very often, I see an address in that field that is not even part
of the mail I am responding to. This seems especially the case when using this
function once in one account, then after that in a second, different account
(which has a different default-recipient).

I'm not 100% certain what to do with this - probably either document how "Reply
To..." *does* work (couldn't find anything in "Help", nor Google, at least not
easily) or make it work as the name seems to suggest - unless you want to remove
it completely...

[0] Note: This function can only be reached by assigning a keyboard shortcut to
it - see issue2728)

messages: 14936
nosy: itsef_admin
priority: bug
status: unread
title: "Reply To..." function behaves seemingly erratic
topic: prokde35