[Kolab-devel] delprune setting in cyrus.conf

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Mon Mar 31 22:11:38 CEST 2008

Op Monday 31 March 2008 19:23:30 schreef Bernhard Reiter:
> period=1440 means it runs every 24 hours, I wonder from where this is
> counted. Cyrus imapd used to be restarted around midnight. Hmm anyway for
> expiring the delivery suppression database this should be uncritical.

At the system that I maintain, cyrus was last restarted at:
[/var/run] # ls -l cyrus.pid
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6 2008-03-19 15:09 cyrus.pid

That's about 2 weeks ago.  As can be seen, it was started during high office
(high traffic) hours (not there is a lot of traffic, but anyway).  Using the
period=1440 option, means that the expiry will always take place during
office hours, while this is prevented when using the "at=0400" option.

   # this is only necessary if using duplicate delivery suppression
-  delprune     cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" period=1440
+  delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 3" at=0400

Back to my question: is it okay to leave period=1440 or is it better that
kolab would change this to at=0400 as suggested by cyrus?

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless