[Kolab-devel] Erroneous(?) progress dialog in proko35 client?

Thomas Ribbrock itsef-admin at brightsight.com
Tue Mar 25 10:02:16 CET 2008

Hi all,

before I write a bug report I thought I'd ask first... During my test runs
of the proko35 Kontact version (currently 783247) I came across the
following:

Each and every time I start up Kontact, I get an additional, empty "Progress
Dialog" on the screen. Its title is "Progress Dialog", it has an
empty 'bar' called "Source" and an empty bar called "Destination" and a
progress bar sitting at "0%". Underneath, it says "Connecting to
OUR_MAILSERVER..." and there is a "Cancel" button. That's all. This dialog
is just sitting there, doing nothing, no matter how long I leave it. I can
cancel it, though. As far as I can see till now, its presence (or absence
after a 'Cancel') does not have any adverse effect on the rest of the
program. Any ideas out there what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Thomas

P.S.: Full version info:
kontact --version
Qt: 3.3.7
KDE: 3.5.8
Kontact: 1.2.9 (enterprise 20080307.783247)
(on Kubuntu 7.10)

P.P.S.: I just noticed the following in the terminal window upon closing
that dialog box:

[...]
kmail: Received Sieve extensions supported:
kmail:
kmail: Vacation::slotGetResult( ??, false, ?, false )
kmail: script:
kmail:
kmail: ~SieveJob()
[...]

Could this progress bar have anything to with sieve?