[Kolab-devel] Permissions problems in Kronolith

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 21 09:38:52 CET 2008

Zitat von Diego Woitasen <diegows at xtech.com.ar>:

> Hi,
>   I'm working on a bug[1] when one user tries to add an event to other
> user's calendar. The problem is that ImapFolder_Permission::getPerm()
> must use MYRIGHTS IMAP command to check the current user permissions on
> a folder. I have added getMyRights() method to
> Kolab_IMAP_Connection_pear() and forced the use of pear instead of
> c-client (PHP IMAP extensions doesn't have myrights()).
>
>   Now the check of PERMS_EDIT works fine but the problem is PERM_DELEGATE.
> I don't undertand the meaning of DELEGATE and coudln't find the
> con-stant on /kolab/lib/php.

PERMS_DELEGATE is a special permission in Kronolith that allows users
that have this permission on my calendar to delegate events to me.
E.g. a secretary might have PERMS_DELEGATE permissions on his boss'
calendar and can now create event in this calendar on behalf of his
boss.
I have no idea how such random permissions could be applied to the ACL
concept of Kolab.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/