[Kolab-devel] Kolab-2.2-Beta-3, Horde, many entries in Calendar, poor performance

Martin Schneeweis martin at schneeweis.at
Mon Jan 7 00:37:57 CET 2008

Hi All,

In the last days I played around with the Kolab-2.2-Beta-3-Server and
the Horde web interface. Nothing special, just a One-User-Scenario. I
imported a large amount of Mails (with Thunderbird). Everything fine
with Horde.

Today, I imported my calendar data from Outlook (KONSEC Konnektor) -
something about 3800 entries.

Now it is nearly impossible to use the Calendar in Horde. It takes 1 GB
of memory and 20 sec. CPU time on the server just to display any
Calendar page. On the client side: Between 1 and 2 min. until the result
is displayed.

Somewhere else in the internet I found a discussion about performance
problems with KMail / Kolab / Calendar. They discussed the possibility
to cache the calendar entries in some way on the client side.

Is there any idea for Horde too?

---

I am running the Kolab-2.2-Beta-3-Server in a XEN-VM (Debian Etch,
Kernel: 2.6.18-5-xen-686) with 1 GB memory (first I started with 256 MB,
worked fine until I imported the calendar data).
Hardware of the host: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (2400 MHz), 1.5 GB RAM.

---

I am a freelancer (software developer), 38 years old.
Is there somewhere a little explanation of "how to start" or "how to get
involved"? I found nothing except some little documents in the CVS...

lg
Martin Schneeweis