[Kolab-devel] [issue2492] Autocreate folders/subfolders patch

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Thu Feb 28 09:53:50 CET 2008

Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Kolab clients behaving like this are broken.
> A Kolab client should only create standard folders when there are non.
> The title of the standard folders MAY be translated.

Yes, imho this should be an "option" available trough the web admin
interface (even if, in our customized infrastructure we don't use the
web admin but we use kolab by writing directly to the ldap from our mgmt
application).

We should consider that Kolab is used in a lot of situation (i
personally know a lot of companies doing it) as an easy to setup email
server without using groupware features.

So we should also take into account this way of using Kolab, many
sysadmin use kolab because it's a 5 minutes setup email server.
Then, after some months of usage they start adopting groupware feature
if required.

In those scenarios end users doesn't use Kolab enabled clients but
general purpose email clients.