[Kolab-devel] Kdepim enterprise patch help

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Thu Sep 20 14:17:03 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Thursday 20 September 2007 08:36, francis at impi.org.za wrote:
> Ive downloaded the src-debs for kontact enterprise and i want to add my own
> patches to it. Simply copying them into the "debian/patches" directorty
> does not work.

It should work for kdepim which already has some patches in debian/patches.
It doesn't for kde-i18n.  kde-i18n is special in several regards:

 1. It contains translations for practically all of KDE, not just kdepim.
    Therefore, the kde-i18n Packages have to be tailored for each distribution

 2. The kde-i18n source tarball contains other tarballs, one for each
    language. The kde-i18n packages we create only contain kde-i18n-de
    tarballs because currently we only maintain german translations for the
    enterprise branch.

Because of 2., the standard debian/patches approach doesn't work out of the
box.  The targets in debian/rules iterate over all the tarballs contained in
the source tarball and unpacks and runs configure and "make install" on each
of them.  The unpacking is done by the build-stamp target:

	# extract the bzip2 languages
	-for i in `ls -1 kde-i18n*.bz2`;do \
	  tar xfj $$i;\
	done
	# configure every language
	-for j in `ls -1d kde-i18n-*-3.5.*/`; do \
	  pwd;cd $$j;\
	  ./configure $(configkde); \
	  $(MAKE); \
	  cd ..; \
	done

That seems a good place to add code to apply language specific patches.

   Bernhard